Composite Fillings Near You
Have you ever had a cavity before? Then you likely received a filling at some point in your life. During this procedure, our dentist will replace a portion of the tooth that has been lost due to decay or accidental damage.
Fillings from the past were constructed from metal and stood out from the rest of your adjacent teeth. Today, advancements have made it possible to apply fillings using tooth-coloured or composite resins. The most effective way to prevent the need for fillings in Spruce Grove, AB is through your oral care routine and habits. Be sure to:
- Brush twice daily.
- Use a toothpaste containing fluoride and a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Visit our Spruce Grove dentist near you.
Benefits of Composite Fillings
If you require a dental filling, a tooth coloured filling is an ideal option. This cosmetic alternative is made from plastic material and small glass particles. The benefits of tooth coloured fillings are as follows:
- Tooth coloured fillings are natural looking and blend flawlessly with your smile.
- Tooth coloured fillings are higher in strength because they form a better bond to the surrounding tooth.
- Tooth coloured fillings in Spruce Grove, AB are safer when compared to silver, amalgam, and mercury fillings.
- Tooth coloured fillings are effective even for tiny holes.
- Tooth coloured fillings are more affordable than gold fillings.
- Tooth coloured fillings can be applied in a single appointment, as they are direct fillings.
The Composite Fillings Procedure
If you are receiving composite fillings in Spruce Grove, you can expect the following:
- Our dentist will remove the decay.
- They will place the bonding material on the inside of the hole.
- The composite resin is gradually placed into the hole layer by layer.
- Using a special light, our dentist will harden each layer.
- Lastly, our dentist will shape the filling and make the necessary modifications.