Children Dentistry Near You
Your child’s dental habits develop at an early age and can continue throughout the remainder of their life. To ensure optimal oral health, we encourage parents to teach their children the best dental practices. In addition, you should also schedule regular dental appointments with our pediatric dentist in Spruce Grove, AB for your child. This will teach them the value of good oral health at a young age while establishing a dental home.
Useful Oral Health Tips for Children
When your child develops cavities in their baby teeth, the experience can be extremely painful, and an infection may develop. A cavity can also result in premature tooth loss, which may impact the alignment of your child’s teeth and the development of their adult teeth. To prevent cavities and other numerous oral health concerns, it is vital for your child to form proper oral health habits. We recommend all parents implement the following practices in their child’s oral hygiene routine:
- After feeding your baby, clean their gums using a damp and sanitized washcloth. Even if your child’s first tooth has yet to appear, this is still important.
- Your child should be using a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-fluoride toothpaste.
- Supervise your child while they brush their teeth to ensure they are using the proper technique and not just claiming to do so. Children under the age of 7, do not have the manual dexterity to brush alone and will rely on the help of an adult to properly brush their teeth.
- Consult with your dentist in Spruce Grove, AB about dental sealants for permanent molars to minimize cavities.
- After dinner, monitor your child in case they have had anything to eat or drink.
- Limit your child’s consumption of sugar, as sugary snacks and drinks are culprits behind tooth decay and cavities in young teeth.
- Don’t permit your child to drink from a bottle before bed or throughout the night unless it is filled with water.
When Should I Take My Child to a Pediatric Dentist in Spruce Grove?
You should schedule a checkup for your child with our pediatric dentist near you. Bringing your child with you to your own dental appointments can help to familiarize them with the office and staff.
Looking for child dentistry in Spruce Grove? Blossom Family Dental offers child dentistry services near you.