Your smile is an integral part of your appearance, and people go to any length to maintain, or even better, the beauty of their smiles. The new-age social environment focuses more on physical appearances than what was common in the past. Several sophisticated cosmetic solutions are available today to make us look better and better! No wonder why cosmetic dentistry is a huge industry in recent times.
The treatment of Porcelain veneers near you is used to improve and enhance teeth that have dental flaws or imperfections. They are a thin layer of porcelain applied onto the natural teeth to give them a desired look. There are several dental irregularities that porcelain veneers can help correct.
Our Dentist Can Resolve These Issues With the help of Porcelain Veneers Are:
• Misaligned teeth
• Teeth turning yellow
• Chipped teeth
• Crooked teeth
The Procedure For Porcelain Veneers
If you are visiting our dental clinic in Spruce Grove for porcelain veneers, these are the steps our dentist will take during the first visit –
1. Trimming – First, your teeth need to be trimmed to make space for the veneers, file away any signs of decay on your teeth, and even remove any old fillings you might have. This ensures that the porcelain veneers will not add bulk to your teeth, making your mouth feel different and awkward.
2. Taking an impression – The next step involves making an impression of your filed teeth which will serve as a mould for the veneers. To do this, our dentist in Spruce Grove will smear your teeth with a paste and make you bite on an impression tray. Sometimes our dentist might use a chairside camera also to capture an image of your teeth.
3. Choosing a shade – Now, our dentist will choose a shade for the porcelain veneers. The key is to match the colour of your surrounding teeth so that the porcelain veneers are not easily discernible and look as natural as possible.
4. Fixing temporary veneers – Since the finished porcelain veneers take about 2 weeks to be ready, our dentist might put temporary veneers on your trimmed teeth.
After all, this is done, you will be asked to come later, while your dental impression will be sent to a laboratory known for crafting porcelain veneers in Spruce Grove. The lab takes about 1-2 weeks to have the veneers ready, at which point, our dentist will call you back for these steps –
1. Checking the fit – Once the porcelain veneers have arrived from the dental laboratory, they must be assessed for proper fit. This step is crucial for the procedure’s long-term success and will take the longest time. Any gaps between teeth and veneers can result in tooth decay.
2. Pasting – Once our dentist is convinced that the veneers fit perfectly, they will use a gel to roughen the tooth. An adhesive is then used to stick the veneer to the tooth. The colour is added to the veneer, and blue light is shone over it to seal the bond.
The rationale behind getting porcelain veneers is the same as most cosmetic treatments.
• They are an easy and permanent solution to having your teeth look neat and shapely.
• They restore your confidence in your appearance.
• They reduce time spent on regular grooming with this permanent solution.
At Blossom Family Dental Care, we provide porcelain veneers near you for that perfect smile!